We take care of foreign students an help them with:
- visa applications and residence permits
- Tution fees
- admission process
- help to find the correct institution for your needs
- organising cultural event and sociopolitical activities
Office Hours during the Summer Semester
Monday and Friday 14-16h
Tuesday and Thursday 10-12h
You can reach us by email and Skype, at office hours or on appointment!
Telephone: +43 1 58801 49528
Requirements for admission:
- Application Form
- High School Leaving certificate (accepted by academic authorities)
- University Degree (applicable for master studies)
- Proof of a place at the University of your country or in the country where you completed your High School (applied to the field of studies) or proof of continuation if already registered in a University.
- German knowledge (Level A2)
- Curricular Vitae
- School leaving certificate (diploma and final year transcript of Secondary School/ Higher Secondary School/ High School...) which would entitle the applicant to direct access to a university of the issuing country with regard to the subjects chosen for the University of Vienna.
- Students who have not attended any university before or students who studied a subject which is different from the one for which they want to apply at the University in Austria need an official statement from a university (REGISTRAR‘S OFFICE) in the country which issued the high school leaving certificate mentioned under 1. This official statement has to certify that the applicant is accepted for direct admission to the proposed study programme at that university for the same period as the period given in her/his application for the University in Austria.
- Students continuing their studies need an official statement from a university (REGISTRAR‘S OFFICE) in the country, which issued the high school leaving certificate, mentioned under 1. This statement must state that, the applicant is accepted for direct continuation of her/his studies for the same period as the period given in her/his application for the University of Vienna.
- Students mentioned under 3 also have to submit an official transcript showing the subjects taken, examinations passed and degrees that have been awarded.
The above-mentioned documents have to be submitted in the original or as genuine certified copies before February 5th or September 5th. Documents issued in a foreign language (except English) have to be translated into German and authenticated.
Furthermore all documents have to be legalized by the competent offices of the country that issued the documents, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and also by the Austrian diplomatic mission.